This cheesecake recipe was one of the first recipes I learned in my 7th grade home ec class. It was so delicious I ran home and asked my mom to go buy the ingredients so I could make it for dessert that night. That’s when it quickly became one of my family’s favorites and is still one of my ultimate go-to recipes for all kinds of occasions. It is extremely versatile and can be used in so many different sizes/shapes of dessert cups and with a wide variety of toppings.
Of course in home ec, we did not make it fancy like this. It was simply made in a pie pan as a no-bake cheesecake. But here you can see how it can be made much fancier for a fancy occasion.
1- 8 oz pkg light cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup lemon juice
1-14 oz can sweeten condensed milk
18 squares of graham crackers
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
***Easy edition of the crust just use crushed graham crackers
Lemon Pie Filling/Topping (optional)
- Beat all of the cheesecake ingredients together…Cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, sweetened condensed milk. Put in the fridge to set while you prepare the crust.
- Crush graham crackers into small pieces. You can put graham crackers in a plastic baggie and use a rolling pin to crush them, or if you don’t have a plastic baggie, you can simply keep the graham crackers in the package, unopened, and gently hit with a mallet until crushed. Be careful though, the sides may open, so do it slowly, a little at a time. If you want the graham crackers fine, you can put them into a food processor and pulse them for a few seconds. (Optional: you can add crackers as is or continue on and make a graham cracker crust. If you want to just use crushed graham crackers skip step 3)
- Mix graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar.
- Wash, dry and cut strawberries.
- Open a can of lemon pie filling.
Putting it together:
- Sprinkle in a layer of crushed graham crackers.
- Add a few tablespoons of lemon pie filling. (optional) If you don’t want lemon pie filling you can put strawberries or more cheesecake filling instead of lemon pie filling.
- Sprinkle more graham crackers.
- Spoon in the cream cheese mixture and use the back of the spoon to spread.
- Add strawberries.
Optional: top with whipped topping or whipped cream, some crushed graham crackers, and a strawberry.
This can be layered or pie filling substituted for whatever you create. Get creative and have fun layering your dessert.
Serving Size: 4 mason jars
Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
*Serving size and number of servings depends on your container size and the amount you use*
If you love this recipe check out more