DIY Ice Cream Sandwhiches
Do you remember those days when you would hear the sound of the ice cream truck driving down the street? Even though I didn’t get to order from him once or twice but I still loved hearing him going down the street and looking at the bright colorful cool ice cream delights. My mind would swirl with ideas I could make at home on my own. These easy DIY ice cream sandwiches will make it fun for the kids to make, eat and share.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more information.
DIY Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
Half Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
16 Store-bought cookies
Your choice of toppings
- Mini chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Sliced almonds
- Walnut pieces
- Butterscotch chips
- Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
- Graham Cracker pieces
- Mini Marshmallows
- Reeses Pieces
- Crushed Macadamia nuts
- Sour Patch Kids
- Swedish Fish
- Use your imagination and make it fun
1. Put your toppings into individual bowls.
2. Turn a cookie upside-down and put a scoop of ice cream onto it.
3. Place another cookie on top, right-side-up, pressing gently.
4. Use a knife or icing spatula to even out any ice cream that has come out of the sandwich.
5 . Roll into the topping of your choice.
6. If it doesn’t seem to stick, use your hand to press the topping onto the ice cream.
7. Place the finished ice cream sandwich on a cookie sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper.
8. Put in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to harden.
9. Store by placing in a gallon freezer storage bag.
10. Store ice cream sandwiches for a few weeks.
When you are ready to have one, place it on a plate at room temperature for a few minutes before eating, as the cookies will be hard.
Serving Size: 1 Ice cream sandwich
Number of Servings: 8
- Put cookies in the freezer before you assemble your sandwiches. This will help keep the ice cream from melting too quickly.
Try some other cool refreshing summertime treats
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake in a jar
There are no comments