Chicken & Dumplings
The busy season is upon us and time seems more limited with the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Do you want to free up some time and still feel like you are feeding your family good food? This Chicken and dumplings recipe is one of our household favorites. It’s easy to much and the family can’t get enough of it.
This post may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more information.
Ingredients- Fastest and Easiest Recipe
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts with fatty bits removed
- 1 stick of butter
- 6+ cups of water
- 1 Tbs chicken bouillon (if desired)
- Pepper (as desired)
- Grands biscuits
Optional Ingredients- Fancy Recipe
- Diced medium onion
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. parsley
- Chopped carrots (as desired)
- Can of green peas
- Any other canned or fresh vegetables
- Pour a can of cream of chicken soup into a crockpot
- Add a cube of butter
- If desired, add onions, garlic, parsley, and carrots
- Add chicken
- Pour 4-6 cups of water
- Add 1 Tbs Parsley and pepper as desired
- Cook on high for 3 hours
- Shred chicken
- Open canned biscuits and cut each biscuit into 1/4ths
- If needed add enough water so that the liquid level is approximately 1 1/2″ from the top of crockpot
- Add the cut biscuit dough
- Cook on high for 1 hour or until the dough is done
You can get this homemade cinnamon roll recipe in an 8 x 10 printable recipe card to add to your cookbook.
We hope you enjoy these Chicken and Dumplings as much as we do! If you’re looking for other easy and delicious recipes check out our easy cheesecake recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
We love seeing your creations! So don’t forget to tag us @heythere_bliss or #heytherebliss so we can see all your great shots.