The best and easiest homemade cinnamon roll recipe!
There is not much better than the smell of homemade cinnamon rolls wafting from the kitchen as grandma is in the kitchen whipping up some ooey gooey delicious goodness. The smell lures all the neighborhood kids outside riding bikes. All of a sudden everyone is best friends coming to visit grandma.
Don’t worry if you didn’t get any of grandmas cinnamon rolls or if you have never made any before. I have found the best and easiest homemade cinnamon roll recipe that is oh-so-tasty!
This post may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy for more information.
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
8-10 cups bread flour, divided
1 box white cake mix
4 Tbs Yeast
2 Tsp. Salt
4 Cups warm water
5 Tbs. softened butter
4 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
½ Cup butter
⅓ Cup milk
1 Tbs Vanilla
2 lbs. Powdered sugar
2 oz. Cream cheese
Cinnamon Roll Instructions:
- In large mixer, combine 5 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt, and warm water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead for about 5 min.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 9” x 18” rectangle.
- Spread softened butter onto the rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly but generously with sugar and cinnamon mixture. (alternative ideas for inside is marmalade)
- Starting with the long end, roll the dough jelly roll style.
- With a serrated knife or unflavored dental floss cut the rolled dough into 1” circles
- Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper
- Place 1” circles evenly on cookie sheets.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled. (approx. 15 min.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 min. or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
Cinnamon Roll Frosting Instructions:
- Cream the ½ cup butter, ⅓ cup milk, 1 Tbs vanilla, and 2 oz. cream cheese
- Sift 2 lbs of powdered sugar
- Mix powdered sugar into the creamed mixture until smooth
- Frost warm for an icing or let cool and frost for a thicker frosting.
You can get this homemade cinnamon roll recipe in an 8 x 10 printable recipe card to add to your cookbook.
We hope you love this easy cinnamon roll recipe as much as we do! If you’re looking for other delicious recipes. You can use this dough for Orange Rolls, Oreo Rolls and more checkout these ______ recipe.
Other Easy Recipe Treats
Did you make this recipe? We love seeing your creations! So don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @heythere_bliss or #heytherebliss so we can see all your great shots.